Posts by Erica :
February 15, 2017 My Sicilian Grandfather
February 12, 2017 Carciofi alla Romana
February 1, 2017 Growing Up with New York Flavors
January 23, 2017 A Winter Menu
January 4, 2017 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca: My Journey
December 23, 2016 Christmas at the Improv
December 19, 2016 Women with Fish
Welcome to Ericademane.com
I am a chef, food writer, and teacher who specializes in improvisational Italian cooking. I am the author of The Flavors of Southern Italy and Pasta Improvvisata, as well as Williams-Sonoma Pasta, which is available at Williams-Sonoma stores. A member of the Association of Culinary Professionals and the Italian-based International Slow Food Movement, I live in New York City. I offer private cooking classes, which you can learn about here.
For more about me, see About Erica De Mane.
Buy a copy of The Flavors of Southern Italy.
Buy a copy of Pasta Improvvisata.
Buy a copy of Williams-Sonoma Pasta.
Buy a copy of my new ebook, Pasta Improv
- My Sicilian Grandfather ericademane.com/2017/02/15/my-… via @EricaDeMane and fusilli with swordfish, eggplant, almonds. I've invented my own world. 4 days ago
- My Sicilian Grandfather ericademane.com/2017/02/15/my-… https://t.co/Z7XuLJZvXS 4 days ago
- Carciofi alla Romana ericademane.com/2017/02/12/car… via @EricaDeMane. It's artichoke season in Rome and coming in on it here. Don't miss out. 1 week ago
- Carciofi alla Romana ericademane.com/2017/02/12/car… https://t.co/eW6KgUCn9o 1 week ago
- Spain restaurant on West 13th Street, NYC. Spiritually real (but stay away from the mussels). https://t.co/xlTALnYXWn 1 week ago
Dining with the SaintsPlease check out www.novena.com for my monthly column "Dining with the Saints," which features recipes for saints' days. The beautiful, art-filled blog is written by Barbara Calamari and Sandra DiPasqua and includes the stories of the lives of saints and monthly novenas and prayers. They've written many books on the subject and really know their stuff. I, on the other hand, am a fraud, a Catholic lapsed all the way to atheism. But I love researching and creating great recipes to go with these amazing stories.
The Italian Recipe ExchangeWould you like to share one of your favorite Italian recipes with the world? Please click here to find out how.
Women with FishAn ongoing series of photos of anything that can be considered "Women with Fish." If you have any photo you'd like to see in it, send it along to me, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see the complete collection (so far), click here.
- 2001 (3)
- 2002 (20)
- 2003 (4)
- 2004 (16)
- 2005 (20)
- 2006 (18)
- 2007 (20)
- 2008 (82)
- 2009 (94)
- 2010 (62)
- 2011 (38)
- 2012 (34)
- Skinny Guinea (34)
- 2013 (30)
- Skinny Guinea (30)
- Uncategorized (179)
Archival Articles. . . containing hundreds of recipes are being posted as blog posts, dated back to when they first appeared. Look for them by browsing through the archival index ("Categories") above or by using the search window at the top of this page. Thanks for your patience.